Please note This article has multiple pages. Kindly use the navigation option below.
A few of you might read the title “Mangalore Street Food Style Egg Chilly” and say – “There ain’t such a dish in Mangalore” and I would totally agree with you guys.
The reason I have called this Mangalore Street Food Style Egg Chilly is because the very first time I had a similar dish was in mangalore when my cousins from Mangalore and me were looking forward to enjoying Mangalore street food.
This dish prepared by me is inspired by the flavours and the texture of the dish that was served to us in Mangalore. Hence the name “Mangalore Street Style Egg Chilly”.
The reason why we are sharing this as a part of the Lockdown Learning series is because its easy to make, very little ingredients required and most importantly can be made quickly.
So without further ado, let get the eggs boiling!!!
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs (after boiling, separate the yolk from the white and scramble them both) – See Image Below
- 2 Medium onions finely chopped
- 2 Medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 Capsicum finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onion greens
Whole Garam Masalas
- 2 bay leaves
- Cinnamon stick – about an inch
- Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 10 – 15 Akhi Kaali Miri (Black peppercorns)
- 5 – 7 Laung (Clove)
- 4 Teaspoons Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Teaspoon dhaniya powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- Salt as per taste
Check Page Two for Step-By-Step cooking method.