Chicken Chilli Dry is one of my favourites when it comes to Desi Chinese. Like me, many other desi chinese lovers cant get enough of this lip smacking appetiser which can be also served as a side dish with Chinese Fried Rice or Hakka Noodles.
Chicken Chilli Dry is deep fried chicken cubes tossed in chinese sauces mainly Soya & Chilli Sauce. However, the dish gets a different name and flavor when the same chicken cubes are mixed with other sauces. If garlic sauce is used the dish is called Chicken in Hot Garlic Sauce. If it’s tossed in Schezwan Sauce then Chicken Schezwan Dry and so on.
Chicken cubes are dipped in a batter of Refined Flour and Corn Flour, fried until it gets a slight golden color. As chicken cubes take very little time to fry, Chicken Chilli Dry can be make quickly and easily even at a very short notice as most of the ingredients are always available at home.
So let us quickly have a look at the recipe to make this succulent and tasty Chicken Chilli Dry.
Chicken Chilli Dry
- 300 Gms Chicken Breast (Diced)
- 2 Teaspoon Garlic (Chopped)
- 2 Teaspoon Ginger (Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Chilli Sauce
- 1 Cup Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Capsicum (Diced)
- Oil (For frying)
- Chopped Spring Onion Greens (For Garnishing)
For the Batter
- 1 Egg
- 5 Tablespoon Refined Flour
- 3 Tablespoon Corn Flour
- Salt (As per taste)
- Pepper (As per taste)
- In a mixing bowl, take the corn flour, refined flour, salt, pepper and egg. Mix well and great a thick batter.
- To this batter add the diced chicken and mix well ensuring that all the chicken pieces are well coated in the batter.
- In a wok, heat some oil. Deep fry the chicken pieces on high flame and set aside.
- Remove the excess oil used for frying and keep about 3 tablespoons in it. Add the chopped ginger & garlic. Saute Well.
- Now add the diced Onions and Capsicum. Saute well for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the Fried Chicken, chilli sauce and soy sauce. Toss well. Add pepper and salt as per taste. Serve hot. Garnish with spring onion greens.