Ever ordered a Murgh Malai Tangdi Kebab at a restaurant and craved so much for this succulent Chicken drumsticks that you wanted to make it at home? If yes, You have landed on the right page.
Through this quick recipe we will get you acquainted with the ingredients and steps to cook restaurant style Murgh Malai Tangdi Kebab in a pan without an oven. Traditionally Kebab’s are cooked in a clay oven and If you have an oven at home electric or portable, you can use it.
Lets have a quick look at the recipe. You can replace the Chicken Drumsticks with Diced Chicken Breasts to make Murgh Malai Tikka. The Ingredients and the cooking method shall remain unchanged.
Marinade for this Kebab is the key. The mixture of Murgh, Malai, Cashew Paste, Ginger Garlic Paste & Hung Curd makes this dish special and aromatic. So lets us get the Drumsticks rolling.
Do try this and let us know if you have any queries or feedback through our comments section.
Murgh Malai Tangdi Kebab
Quick and easy recipe to make juicy and flavourful Murgh Malai Tangdi Kebab.
- 4-6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 Cup Hung Curd
- 1 Cup Fresh Cream (Malai) (Main Ingredient)
- 2 Teaspoons Cashew Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Coriander Leaves ((Cilantro Leaves))
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- 1 Piece Charcoal
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
- Wash the Chicken Drumsticks and pat dry with an absorbent paper.
- Now in a Mixing bowl, add the Chicken Drumsticks, Lemon Juice and some Salt. Let is marinade in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes. More the merrier.
- Now in the same bowl add the Hung Curd, Fresh Cream (Malai), Cashew Paste, Ginger Garlic Paste and Corn Flour. Mix Well.
- Now add all the spices. Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Red Chilly Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Cardamom Powder & Chopped Coriander Leaves. Mix Well and ensure the Chicken Drumsticks are fully covered with this marinade.
- You can now keep this in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or you can directly cook it. We suggest you prepare this a night before and keep in the refrigerator so that the Chicken becomes more succulent.
- Heat a Pan, brush it with some oil and place the chicken drum sticks. Keep turning the drumsticks so that it cooks evenly on all sides. Do this for about 20-30 Minutes on low flame.
- Now heat the coal and keep it in a small bowl. Place this bowl in the centre of the pan. Add ghee to it so that it produces the smoke which is required to give it a restaurant style smoky flavour. Cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve Hot with Mint Chutney.
- Hope you liked the recipe. If you have any queries do drop us a comment and we will be happy to reply.